View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 11:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Db1105

Originally Posted by Jeni26 View Post
Hi everyone.

I'm almost 10 months sober now. I've got my programme fully in place and its been working fine. I pray, I go to meetings, I share, I meet with my sponsor regularly and we are working the steps, and I've just started therapy for some of my deep-rooted issues. I post regularly on here and I've been doing more than ok. Everything was going so well, especially with my family relationships. It had been months since I'd even thought about a drink, even with the anxiety of starting a new and more stressful job and going into therapy.

I had a very difficult day at work yesterday, and today wasn't much better, and suddenly I'm back into that default position of wanting to drink. I really had to fight it yesterday, and I've got the weekend coming up and am wavering.

I hate feeling like this. Alcohol is on my mind constantly.

What am I doing wrong?
Nothing. One life lesson my sponsor had to beat into my head was that feelings aren't facts. That the feeling of wanting to drink is natural for the alcoholic. It took me a long time for that feeling to go away, especially when I had a bad day. The best thing for me during that time was to call my sponsor who would tell me to get to a meeting.