Thread: Robby's Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 06:13 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

The alcoholic mind. An awesome topic for discussion, yeah?

Like I had said a couple pages back, my AVRT Beast constantly feeds on my total embracement of the relative existence of my alcoholic mind, along with my chronic illness of arrested alcoholism. The resulting dynamic tensions playing across my psyche is, for me, very helpful in keeping me sharp and present as I continue to enjoy my non-drinking sober lifestyle.

I'm a supporter of the generalised idea and philosophy of Cartesian Dualism, as proposed / defined / defended by Rene Decartes - that the material body and the immaterial mind are totally different kinds of substances, and that the body could be subdivided but the mind/soul could not be further reduced or subdivided. Plato and Aristotle had already reasoned thousands of years earlier that the mind/soul could not be identified with the human body. Outstanding. Brilliant. Comforting.

Yeah, baby. A kind of awesome "spiritual" philosophic song to soothe my savage all-too-human-sized quantified Beast, and alcoholic mind, lol. Well, relatively speaking, of course, hahaha.

Cartesian Dualism, its all that and more. What's there not to love?!!