View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Maylie

We have all been there one time or another. Not being able to sleep always is the hardest for me since when we are trying to get clean and don't feel good sleep just seems like the perfect way to make the hours fly by expecially when we don't have any energry.

If you talk to your doctor your doctor might be able to recommend a non-addictive sleep aid that will be able to help you get through the next couple weeks while your body is trying to bounce back. I found being open with doctors has helped me alot since addicts have different needs then just regular people. If your doctor doesn't know the whole truth then you won't get the right help.

Basically all you can do is try to muddle through the days. If you don't have a big support system try going to some meetings and just listen or vent..whatever feels comfortable. I found that the more busy I would keep myself the faster my body would bounce back. You don't want to lay around all day and get stiff and bored. Boredom is always a trigger for me at least.

Don't give up!