Thread: Robby's Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 02:17 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
fini

If you don't call your "AV" a kind of AVRT AV, what else might you refer to it as? I'm curious is all, no big deal. I'm not calling you out, just interested since when you say above your "AV" has nothing to do with you actually wanting to drink.

oh, you should entirely call me out on stuff anytime; it makes me look at stuff anew, which is always a good thing.

anyway, been thinking about this, and have no definite answer. can't pinpoint how i see/experience it.
how odd!
closest i can come is "kneejerk reaction in the form of a voice-urge" or "there is me the drunk again!" or "ah, a crazy alcoholic thought!"
but no, i've not wanted to drink, and i've not battled or fought, and i haven't defeated anything.
so i can "hear" the gottagottawannadrink while being totally aware that i have no desire to drink, and i have no need to engage with the "voice" or to show it better logic or use anything against it; i just hang out there and try to see what's REALLY going on that might have hit the knee to make it jerk like that.

something like that.

not sure if that's akin to your alcoholic mind, but i could use that phrase easily with my own meaning/view.