View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 02:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Toeachtheirown

Originally Posted by Panache View Post
FellOnNewDays always remember no matter how far you have pushed your body, it's never too late to get it back. The body is an amazing instrument that can repair itself given the opportunity. Just posting here is a step in the right direction.

Hope to see you around the forum, good luck on your journey.
This comment resonated so deeply for me. I am so out of shape, it feels absolutely disgusting to me to even take my clothes off anymore. I have never thought of my body as being capable to repair itself, but I guess you're right.

Great point!

FellOnNewDays - congrats on finding this site, like the rest of us! This place seems to be a wonderful community that truly helps the people who come here. Try not to feel shame about your alcoholism, or worry about calling yourself a certain term, I think. The main focus now is staying sober and being proud of yourself for taking the first steps in doing so. Nothing reinvigorates my thinking today like being proud of the fact that I truly, truly do want more for myself. Keep looking forward! Best of luck and congratulations on joining this forum and wanting more for yourself, as well!