View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 12:27 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
DaveyT

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
With long stretches of not drinking you are now in a position to learn and use AVRT. Before you weren't. How does the Big Plan sound, not to IT, but to YOU?
Still not sure about this AVRT stuff. I can't separate out IT and ME as it just feels like another way of avoiding my responsibility. Although I know that isn't how it works for AVRT it's hard for me to do it.

I've accepted a life without alcohol, it's a drug I can't use responsibly, but more than that I realise that everyone who uses is basically an addict. Why would you put something in yor body that is little more than a poison? It's because they feel good and most people don't want to give it up, textbook addict.

I don't want to put that poison in me another day. I've committed to that and I will continue staying sober. If I fail then I will not kick myself, just stay sober again intending for it to be lifelong.

Although I've said that before it somehow feels different now. It's like I know at worst I will only ever lapse a few days and not end up drinking for weeks. There a sense of achievement in it.