View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 12:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
DaveyT

Hey Robby I just dont think you're getting what I mean, I am not controlling my drinking to find a middle ground.

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post

I tried playing with moderating/controlling my drinking so as to make my final quitting easier: epic fail
This is not what I'm doing.

Deep down, all I was doing was trying to find a middleground for my drinking, truth be told. I'm not saying you're not being honest, or you are doing what I did -- I'm just saying its not progress, imo, to control alcohol intake. Its an unforgiving taskmaster being a slave to controlling intake, imo.
Again, I'm not trying to control it, I'm trying to stay sober for life and finding positives where I can.

Those without a problem with alcohol don't control their intake with a purpose eventually to never drink again -- they just control their drinking for its own sake.
You know I've come to realise that actually most people are addicted to alcohol. Just think, most people wouldn't like to remove alcohol from their lives, they may not drink to excess but they're still using a drug socially and wouldn't like to give it up. It's the definition of an addict.

Problem drinkers/alcoholics are addicted, however you may want to define addiction, and so reducing drinking absolutely still feeds the addiction.
I'm not trying to reduce, i'm trying to quit. It just so happens I fail occasionally. But that's way better than drinking every single day. So I'm definitely taking it as a positve.

For me, you already made yourself clear in your thread.

I do wish you all the best when you finally detox.
I am detoxed, haven't had alcohol in about a week, none in my system.