Thread: Therapy?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 07:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Grymt
All is Change

I know this is 'out there' for many for various reasons. Nevertheless, it has been and continues to beneficial for me. Once I had the money and time to do a three week intensive Primal Therapy course. This was run by one of Dr Janovs students student who was also a qualified Psychiatrist and researcher. I learnt things about arenas of the mind I could only have imagined through direct experience. Through that I was led to the meditation technique as taught by Guatama the Buddha. This was taught to me by one of the latest of a lineage of teachers dating back to The Buddha himself and by students of his that had become teachers in the ever growing meditation network of Dharma centers springing up around the world.
While the PT was like sweeping and mopping the floor the Ana-Apana and Vipassana was like getting down on the knees and scrubbing it with a tooth brush.
Through this I learnt the importance of Truth and brought me back to some core values of aa. With all this and more I finally seem to have lost the urge to drink as was promised to me in aa by the telling of the literature and the people.
It has gotten me out of a bit of a rut where I take my sobriety for granted but also never challenge it. Life has become harder but better. I see the difficulties as something that will pass or that more I see the problems as solutions waiting to happen as long as I practice what works, for me. While a lot of good roads lead to home, there are a lot of them and on them a lot of people at different stages. This is just where I'm at.
Sober today, again.
Maybe that's why I've always liked Hermann Hesse.