Thread: Therapy?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 05:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DoubleDragon

Therapy?

Hey everyone,

I just had a general question for those of you who have used therapy to help quit drinking. I have tried to quit by myself in the past, and have made it a month or two each time, but have eventually resorted to drinking again. I'm about 5 days in this time, and I want to stay stopped.

I tried AA a few times, and quickly found it's not what I'm into. I love the SR forums, and I've only recently began posting, and I feel I will be a permanent, long-time poster/reader because I find it helps me greatly.

I am considering therapy. I am wondering how many of you use this method. Do you use this with other methods, ie AA? Do you find it helps? How often do you go? Is it generally expensive? If I may ask, what kind of things are covered in a typical therapy session? I'm very curious about this. What kind of questions does the therapist ask you? Why do you feel it helps you? Is there a point where you believe you don't need it any longer?

Any answers on these questions would be fantastic. I'm very curious and may look into it.

Have a great day.