View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 05:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Recovering2

He has one true love...alcohol. That is the harsh reality. And as you are witness to by the history you've given, alcoholism is a progressive disease. You have watched his situation get worse this past year. That pattern will continue. He has been abusive enough to punch a hole in a wall....that will get worse as well. Of course he is not looking for work, he doesn't have to as long as you're there to take care of everything. There is absolutely nothing you can do to stop his disease or his behaviors. But you CAN decide you deserve a better life for you.

You didn't Cause it, can't Cure it, can't Control it. You have only been in this relationship for a year. Don't wait until you're married, or there's a child involved. Get healthy NOW while you can. Find an AlAonon group near you, read the sticky's at the top of the page, read "Codependent No More" by Melody Beattie. Educate yourself.

My real advice? RUN. Set boundaries for yourself, get him out of your place and let him figure HIS life out. He's an adult. Don't let him pull you down the drain with you. I know this sounds harsh, and I apologize for that, but you seriously have to separate yourself from this situation while you still can. (((HUGS)))