Thread: Day 2 Doubts
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2004, 07:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JaySee
Choosing Life

Hi Katze

Ted is right - just concentrate on today and no, you certainly do NOT have to do this alone.

With me, it was not how much I was drinking, or when I started to drink that was the problem - it was what happens when I start drinking .... that is the problem. If I opened a bottle of anything, I would drink it all and then open another until I passed out (or went to bed if you would like to call it that) Once I started to drink I could not predict the outcome. Sometimes I would be happy and nice, but towards the end of my drinking 9/10 I would end up hurting myself or others (emotionally & physically) letting myself and others down (not turning up for work, spending all the money, not being where I said I would) etc etc.

My alcohol cessation shot is an AA meeting - it took me a long long time to get there - I tried counsellors, doctors, books, hospital, promises, church, will power, exercise, women, weeks away at a retreat, but the only thing that is working for me today is AA. There are other recovery programs too, but I had to get a program and start "living in the solution and not in the problem"

much love
JC