Thread: Day 2 Doubts
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2004, 07:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
katze
I am at two with nature

I guess that I never really thought about how much I drink. I drink a lot, but normally at nights and on the weekends. I have never been a wake up and drink kind of person. (Not that I think my drinking is any more acceptable than someone who is a wake up and drink person! I know that it is not!) Normally, I will drink about a bottle of wine a night when I come home from work. I don't mean the normal size bottles of wine, either. I mean the uber big bottles of wine. If there is liquor in the house, I will drink about 6-10 mixed drinks, usually rum and diet coke. On the weekends, I normally would start drinking either at noon (because that just always seemed like the acceptable time to me) or if my hangover from the previous night was a bad one, I would start to drink later in the day. If my hangover was REALLY bad, I wouldn't drink at all that day, but would be drinking again the following day. I don't go to a regular doctor and my mental health and substance abuse deductible is so high, I don't know if I can dish out all of that money to see someone for my problem. I think that I will be okay, but you're right, I need to just think about getting through the day without a drink. My body feels great because I don't have a hangover. When I feel good, I forget about all of the negative effects that alcohol has on me and then, I start to think that I can handle it again. Has anyone ever heard of the alcohol cessation shot? I have heard about this shot that you can get that makes you vomit every time you smell alcohol. It sounds like it could be so helpful, but it also sounds like it could be really crippling. I should be strong and do this on my own. Shouldn't I?