View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 11:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
RightLAine

This kind of reminds me of how I am feeling. I drink sometimes to alleiviate stresses of daily life. I have to young kids, I work full time, and I have a ton of bills. These bills and the worry of money is a major stressor for me. So when I get home from work I would usually have a drink while fixing the kids dinner I would say to myself this was my unwinding time after a long day at work. Well one would turn into like 7 and you the know the rest. My point is I think we have to try and find other ways to handle our daily stress and not be so quick to fall back onto the bottle or whatever it is tha that you do....we know its not going to fix the situation that is bothering us. We might temporaily feel better in the moment but the next day when faced with the same thing that pissed us off we will just fell worse b/c we let ourself down with drinking. I'm not sure how to change the way we think...I'm working on that...and when I go home tonight and see the stack of bills on my dining room table that will be a good enough reason for me to have a drink. However I am going to try and fix the one thing that I know I can....and that is me. I"m sorry your job is so stressful...I can't imagine... but it seems like you are taking the right steps to try and minimize your exposure to your trigger. Good luck