View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 06:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Redvelvetcake59

@The Resentment Overfloweth...now what?

Hey,
You guys approach is a lot better than mine. My brother is the worst as he is long term hard core drug, alcohol and cigarette abuser for over 25 years and will not listen to anybody. I passed resentment many moons ago, however in the back of your mind you always think....is there anything else I can do to help the person recover? I have not found anything. He does the same thing over and over. I have blocked the calls, because I work in law enforcement he does not come to my house for fear of being locked up(yes, I will lock him up and have locked him up) but if I can avoid this I will which has not stopped any of his addictions.

He is running from demons that I have no idea about. My other family members are not helping because not only do they smoke cigarettes, drink but they are weed heads and this isn't a good thing during family events. It has almost gotten to the point where I can't associate with them for the obvious reason as well as legal reasons. Imagine not being able to associate with your entire family because they are always in possession of illegal controlled substances.....how pitiful, but no judgement here....adults can pretty much do whatever they want....but I can't allow it to cost me even if they allow it to cost them. I have tried so many things over the years including an intervention with the hard core abusers and the weed heads too. The arrogance of some people is mind boggling.

I finally had to walk away 3 years ago from any association. Phone calls are still being taken by me although I am really thinking about blocking them all. No need to play games about addiction. Just because some family members think weed isn.t serious, I happen to think it is a stairstep drug...but that's my opinion and its also illegal.