Old 03-18-2013, 08:39 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Lyoness
Night owl

Originally Posted by shauninspain View Post
I just read another of your posts. You mentioned that you were adopted. Waddayouknow! So was I. There is no doubt that I used to blame by adoption and everything that goes with it, for my alcoholism. I am still sure that it did affect my ability to connect with people and form real deep relationships. Which has caused me many problems, and I have drunk on those problems. Adoption is difficult to understand, and how it makes you feel, if you have not been adopted. I had a daughter 19 years ago, and when she was 2 my partner left, because she couldn't deal with me anymore. Fortunately I did not loose contact with my girl, in fact we spoke last night on Skype.

Anyway, just thought I would let you know that you're not alone.
Just had to chime in as another adoptee, here, too! I know the tough issues we face when it comes to trust and abandonment. I know facing and healing them is part of healing my addiction issues.

Flujay, welcome! You are doing the right thing. Opiates are my current addiction but I was a binge drinker back in college. I had a few blackouts, had my ex tell me about dancing a bit too provocatively in public. That's the problem with booze, stuff comes out that has nothing to do with how we are normally.

So stick around here. Together we will all make it!