Old 03-18-2013, 04:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Darthbubster

I learned a way to have a good successful detox and get good sobriety length. First and foremost, get hydrated. That is the most important thing. The next thing I did once I could hold down water was to start getting nutrients into my body. I hit the GNC for some potassium supplements because your body gets depleted of potassium quickly, multivitamins are self explanitory, Valerian Root calms the nerves, St. Johns Wart brings positive attitude, and definitely milk thistle, which promotes healthy liver function.Cranberry tabs are also good because they stimulate the kidneys to work properly. Now i was always the kind of drunk that never ate before drinking. I wanted the booze to do its job and do its job good. So once my stomach was ready to handle solid food, I ate like a pig. Big meals was the ticket for me. And because i was an empty stomach drunk, i never even felt like a drink on a full stomach. And the vitamins i took helped give me a sense of doing something positive for my body after all of the abuse I put it through. In time the cravings will diminish. Once the physical craving is gone, then FIND A HOBBY!! Something that interests you. Try going to college. I did, and I will tell you, at 37 in college, it is a blast. I am loving it. Best of luck to you!!