View Single Post
Old 12-04-2004, 04:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
thanx2methodone
..as the smoke clears...

MAMMACAT: Re:If there really was a god...

Let me tell you a short story that will answer your question....

One day, a man decided to go to the barber to get his hair cut.
He had been an addict/alcoholic for years and was in the midst of recovery. He had lived a very hard life full of addiction problems, lies, relaspeses, having no money, no place to live, and whatever else.
While sitting in the barber's chair getting his hair cut, the topic of religon and God came up. The man had stated that God helped him turn his life around.
The barber looked at him like he was crazy and said "I don't believe God exsists." When the man asked why, the barber said "because, if God exsisted, bad things wouldn't be happening to people."
The man didn't want to cause an argument, so after his haircut, he paid the man and left the store.
Outside the store there was a man begging for money. He had dirty, ripped clothes and his hair was long and stringy.
The man turned around and walked right back in to the barber shop and said "I don't believe that barbers exsist." The barber looked at him completely surprised and said "what? Why not?"
The man answered,"because, if barbers exsisted, there wouldn't be anyone walking around with long striny uncut hair." And with that said, he left.