View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 04:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Lyoness
Night owl

Hi anad! Congrats on 2 days! Opiates are so hard to kick, we gotta celebrate every victory big and small. I think those first days are big victories.

Oxy is oxycodone, a drug prescribed for pain relief that works incredibly for pain but that is also highly addictive. It's probably the most abused opiate there is. I hear a lot of people compare it to heroin, I haven't used heroin but I think it's probably a valid comparison, at least in how addictive it is.

I'm assuming when you say meth, you mean methadone? "Meth" often refers to methamphetamine here so just checking. If so, did you find the methadone helpful? I've been debating about switching to it because I have a lot of pain issues and I've had a few slips and used because of them. I've heard that methadone can be very helpful for treating pain but I've also heard it can be hard to get off of.

I'm glad you found SR. I go to counseling and come here whenever I have computer access. I find SR is a real lifesaver. You should post on some of the other forums here, too. You'll meet lots of folks who can relate and give you lots of support.