Thread: Real Answers
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 10:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Wolfman762

Real Answers

Hi! I am new here of course. I have not had any addiction issues. I am not a doctor or therapist so my comments are just my own opinion. Alcohol was my favorite thing to drink. I started drinking with my friends, then went on to drink when playing games, watching tv, you name it. It just seemed that it made it all better. I was drinking just to have fun but it never stopped me from doing whatever I wanted to do. Woke up fine, went to work, hung out with friends, no problems. Then boom! I took a trip and had to drive over a large bridge that scared me so bad. I then began to question whether I could drive anymore. Rapidly, it progressed to being scared of almost anything. I couldn't stand being up where I thought I was too high, driving, even walking outside when the sun was out. Crazy, weird thoughts. That caused me to drink more and more. I finally went to the doctor and had a wake up call. The alcohol was what kept this anxiety going. After stopping, all good things finally returned to me. Don't get me wrong, the first couple of days were bad. I wake up happier, feel refreshed, and ready to tackle the day. God gave you fear. Now, when I feel fear, I thank God because I feel alive and I always overcome it now. When you feel the fear, don't try to stop it, just think of it like a passing stomach ache. Soon, it won't be that big of a deal. Remember, everyone is different so see a doctor when you decide to stop drinking or anything else. God Bless you all!