View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 08:37 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Lily1918

Originally Posted by Kindeyes View Post
I guess when I'm asking myself a question like this.....I will rephrase it to see if my response to it changes.....it is a way to explore my feelings about it and my own motivations.

I might change it to....."what would be achieved if I brought this matter to his attention?"
Or
"What are my motivations to bring it up?"
Or
"Would I be trying to make a point by bringing it up?"
Or
"Do I have an expected response from him if I do bring it up."

Sometimes when I pose the situation (or question) from several different angles, it helps me to understand me and my motivations better.

Breathe deep and count to......100.....or 1,000.

gentle hugs
ke
Thanks KE. All of these things are true. I guess Im hoping that now he is sober he might feel remorse. I want to yell, I want to smack him upside the head and remind him what an idiot he is for doing those kinds of things and endangering me.
More importantly, I want to know if he has left it there since he went to rehab. I do not think he would tell me if he did though, because he knows if it is "new" then Im done contacting him.
Im going for a visit tomorrow night. I dont think I will say anything. He is tested daily and every time he goes outside, If he used they would know. Using does look like using after all, and all anyone sees in him right now is recovery.
Also, now that I know my car is clean, if I find anything else there would be no denying whos it is. If I let him know I am on to him he might cover his tracks more.
Ugh this sucks, but Im grateful for it. Imagine if I hadnt found it...