View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 08:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Recovering2

Kudos to you on 8 weeks of sobriety! I"m sorry about what's happening with your girlfriend. You have to put your sobriety, your health, first and foremost. When my RABF went through treatment, they talked about the difficulty of dealing with life's stuff and not having the alcohol to cover our emotions. That may be part of the reason you're feeling short tempered right now. It may be the first time in awhile that you're actually confronting real emotion without booze. Just a thought. Be gentle with yourself early on, if you continue to work on recovery you'll work on that too.

Your Gf may be a threat to your sobriety right now. Sounds like she has her own issues to deal with, and as you know, only she can decide for herself. You may love her, but right now you have to love yourself more. It is not selfish to take care of you. No one else is going to do it if you don't. It may be a good idea to separate until you get further along in recovery. LIkely that will **** her off, but again, this is about YOU and YOUR recovery. Do you have a sponsor? That person could be a good outlet for you as well.

Again, kudos on 8 weeks. I wish you success in your sober journey.