View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 03:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
fairlane

Lost and confused

Was not sure if this is the right place to post but here it goes. So after joining months ago and my first post I quit drinking for two weeks. Then started drinking again. Then got a dui. It really made me realize how bad my problem was. Somewhat of a breaking point I guess you could say. I now havnt had a drink in 8 weeks today exactly. It feels good.

However I am having some issues. Detoxing is not fun what so ever and I seem to have a short temper now which I don't know if it is related or not. My main issue is my social situations. Most of my friends seem to respect the fact that I am no longer drinking however the situation with my girlfriend is not as nice.

She drinks just as much as I used to if not more. To the point of passing out on a regular basis and doing things while drinking she wouldn't normally do. We do live together and its really difficult when she invites friends over and she is acting the way she does while drinking. I feel embarrassed, disrespected, and really like she just doesn't care. I have told her many times I have a problem and how her behavior makes me feel. To be honest I have thought about just ending it to better myself even though I love her but I just do not know what to do. I feel like I am being selfish but at the same time don't really care.

On a side note I am the type of person who thought talking to random people online was going to be a waste of time. I must say reading every ones thoughts, its nice to see others going through the same thing.