Old 03-15-2013, 01:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
hypochondriac

Welcome to SR Don This really is a great place for support.

Originally Posted by DonUK View Post
I've made some changes in my mind. I'm deciding to join a gym (something I've always been too tight to even consider!). I'm going to plan to spend a few hours an evening there, trying to take my thoughts away from wanting a drink. I need more suggestions from people, as I get very bored in the evenings, and I feel as though the only enjoyment I derive is from drinking.
It is amazing what we find the money for once we quit drinking. I know the cider you are drinking is cheap but it is still not that cheap and is something you pay for everyday. When you quit drinking living becomes a lot less expensive. I always used to complain I couldn't afford things but I was spending nearly £20 a day on booze and a gym membership isn't much more than that a month! And I could always find booze money. It wasn't something that motivated me though, I think the financial gains are nothing compared to the increased self respect and better health, both mentally and physically, which comes with sobriety. Glad you're here x