Old 03-15-2013, 05:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DonUK

22 year old really needs help to stop drinking- 3 litres of cider a night!

Hello

Chanced across this website this morning, after waking up hungover again, and decided enough was enough. I've said this many times.
However, although I've always been very scared and too embarrassed to research alcoholism, today was the first time I'd decided I needed help from an outside source. I went into a search engine and typed: 'my drinking is scaring me.' Up came this wonderful website. I've spent all morning browsing and have even printed some posts people have written about their successes, and how they're feeling. It's a real, genuine inspiration.
I feel disgusting admitting to this- but it is certainly something to be ashamed of. Over the past 4/5 years my drinking has slowly got more and more frequent, with higher volumes of drink being needed to attain the level of drunkenness I wish to achieve. It's got to a stage now where I buy a £3 bottle of 3-LITRE 7.5% nasty cider, and drink it in one evening. Yet, I'm finding this isn't enough now, and I'm drinking more than this.
I think most outsiders would be absolutely astounded to hear the volume I drink.
I'm 22. This isn't right. It's absolutely ruining my life.
I'm starting today.
I've made some changes in my mind. I'm deciding to join a gym (something I've always been too tight to even consider!). I'm going to plan to spend a few hours an evening there, trying to take my thoughts away from wanting a drink. I need more suggestions from people, as I get very bored in the evenings, and I feel as though the only enjoyment I derive is from drinking.

I really need some words of encouragement. I want people to ask how I'm getting along- I know that if I've got people somewhat 'monitoring' my progress, that I'll bear this in mind should my body be pushing me towards having a drink. I'll feel extremely ashamed to log back into this site and report that I'd given in. I can't do it. I must stop this constant binge drinking.
Please help.

Thank you! ! !