Thread: Robby's Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 07:28 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by fini View Post
Who simply selectively tunes out their AV, rather then seeks to silence it? And who is dissatisfied with having a non-silenced AV?

i do neither with my "av". when i hear it, i pay attention. i look at the space i'm in when "it" comes, and i assume it has everything to do with where i'm at in that moment, and nothing to do with actually wanting to drink.
it tells me something. not about wanting to drink, but about something i'm experiencing that's not feeling "right".

hm...i'm thinking much relapse prevention is linked to not dismissing or ignoring.
So, you don't really mean by definition, the Addictive Voice of AVRT, I'm thinking? I thought you don't really do AVRT as outlined. I thought you generalise and re-define for yourself what is or isn't AV.

If you don't call your "AV" a kind of AVRT AV, what else might you refer to it as? I'm curious is all, no big deal. I'm not calling you out, just interested since when you say above your "AV" has nothing to do with you actually wanting to drink.