View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 12:21 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
SoberD

Originally Posted by Gforce23 View Post
SoberD,

One last thing--you sound like you might be a "high-stim" seeker like myself---always needing novelty and adrenaline--and I've found that people like us often use alcohol to let off steam and all that nervous tension that builds up. I don't if you can relate, but I've seen this pattern in other people of a similar nature.

Cheers, and now I really am getting on my bike (it's raining, so I'm procrastinating. I wish I lived in R.M front range, as I did many years ago. So...dry!)

Cheers.
Yep, this is exactly me - sometimes I feel so pumped (for lack of a better word) and excited (for no particular reason) that drinking gives me that incredible feeling of "ahhhh." I guess I would describe it as this uncontrollable energy that builds up in me that isn't necessarily bad - it just feels like I am going to burst through my skin if I don't calm down. Exercise usually does it for me so I am going to really focus on that. In fact, over the years, I think that being physically active is the one thing that has kept me from destroying my body and life completely with alcohol. Enjoy your ride!