Thread: Robby's Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 08:20 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
No, but it is only the pleasure that I'm interested about here. AVRT reveals that is the ONLY reason addicted people continue to drink/use - to get that deep pleasure, however temporary it may be. That's why people cave in to the Beast, because they decide THEY want to feel that pleasure again, and they go along with IT by voluntarily going through all the complex motions needed to get the stuff into their blood.
I agree with all the above, yes, for addicted people. It becomes a curious point though when we also consider that with total permanent abstinence we at the same time, as defined by AVRT, are in fact no longer addicted persons. Cured. Done. Kaput. We close the book on our past addiction. With AVRT there is no treatment, no maintinence. SInce I'm no longer addicted to alcoholism, using AVRT definitions, I'm not surprised I don't easily remember the pleasure of drinking, except by switching roles with my Beast, but I do very easily remember the displeasure drinking brought me, and that without switching, of course.

Originally Posted by GerandTwine
The Voice of the Beast fades away once the substance enters the bloodstream. IT has done its job. The mind altered person is then running the show, solo, and that's when bad things may happen, though often they don't. In fact, many people who take a break from quitting very often don't have any problems while engaging in getting that deep pleasure again. In AVRT they haven't had a "slip" or a "relapse", they've just had some drinks, the first one being totally in the control of their better judgement. They've gotten that deep pleasure again, and it's paid off with nothing bad happening. People here on SR report such episodes fairly frequently.
Certainly I agree the Addictive Voice fades in and out since its immediate barking is not required for IT (the Beast) to NOW feel pleasure. Having said that, the Beast (IT) doesn't fade in the least, still there being a Beast, no less or more. Alcohol does nothing to rid us of the Beast.

Nonsensical as much notes this in his short post above in this thread. My experience matches his time and time again. When my Beast felt the gravy-train was risking coming up short, absolutely I would "hear" my Beast speak to me. Was it as Addictive Voice though? Yeah, I ws deluded into thinking it was me myself, at the time. Looking back, it was all AV, from my Beast, making arrangements for me to stay wet at all costs.

As said, when I drank, I was deluded into believing that IT was ME. I had zero separation of I and IT. So did I in fact feel pleasure from alcohol, or was I in fact feeling my Beasts pleasure? For me, I was feeling my Beasts pleasure. For myself, I was feeling anything but pleasure. I was feeling all the negative effects of the alcohol on my psyche and my body.

Interesting discussion.