View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 10:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Paddler

LOL... yes, bridges, tunnels, traffic lights, pulse checking, not sleeping or waking up in the middle of the night wondering if breathing was becoming difficult or your heart was stopping... on and on and on.

I actually went to the hospital in June during a particularly awful hangover post binge. I thought I was having a heart attack. They did the whole $1000 work up. They did a stress test and the doc working the stress/treadmill test told me I was in better shape than anyone he'd seen in months on the treadmill, lol.

All of that because of heartburn and a hangover.

It is insane... it really is. But yet we always seem to forget about those rough times and turn up that bottle again. I've always found 2 weeks to be the danger zone. I'll make it 14 days... panic and anxiety gone. Cravings for hangover relief drinks gone. Coffee tastes wonderful. Sleep soundly for hours and wake up to the sunrise. Then the demon calls my name. I'm trying and will continue to try until only sobriety exists in my life. I know I will never be a normal drinker. I'll never be able to have just one or two.