Thread: Robby's Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 10:15 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
I'm glad that I have forgotten what that pleasure from drinking actually FEELS like.

I would think that if PhDs (Phormer Drunks) had a choice, they would say they would rather NOT be able to recall the actual sensation of pleasure created by ethanol in their blood.

So, if there were a way to accelerate that loss of memory of the pleasure, that would be a good thing. I'm not suggesting electroshock therapy, or anything that invasive. Maybe there is no way to speed it up. Maybe it's variability in different people is genetic and not life-style-based.
Well, speaking for myself, it looks like you're asumming I remember my past sensations as nothing but pleasure. Is that so?

I know the Beast is all about pleasure. I'm not my Beast though, I'm me. I can switch with my Beast and feel what it feels of course, but I'm still me while that switch goes on.

I recall the horrors of my sensations of being drunk and high on LSD for instance, and not "pleasure" although sometimes it feels good to feel bad, you know, like when suicidal, for those who have been there, they'll understand. Being 12 and drunk is not a happy pleasure, let me add that into the conversation.

We didn't agree last time we talked about this topic, and so we are unlikely to agree now either. No matter. We can still have a great discussion even with agreeing to disagree, yeah?

My Beast feels pleasure from alcohol and being high. I do not.

I feel like crap from alcohol and drugs. My Beast does not.

My Beast and I share feelings though on many levels of course. What I and my Beast don't agree with is who or what is actually feeling the pleasure and pain of drinking and getting high?

My Beast of course wants me to believe it was, and would be again, me feeling pleasure from drinking.

My Beast is stupid. I am not. I win.