View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 05:10 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  
Saskia

Originally Posted by Jeni26 View Post
Hi all.
Em- don't waste time in regrets. All our experiences, good and bad, are what have shaped us. I realise now that without my childhood circumstances, I wouldn't have the empathy and understanding I have for children, and I love what I do. I seem to be able to work out what makes them tick, and their emotional well-being is something I prioritise on in my work. Life is a journey, and no part of it is wasted as long as we continue to learn and grow. Lots of love to you xxx
Jeni, you are so right! You have reached a place that some never do - acceptance of whatever has happened to us is part of who we are and that isn't necessarily a bad thing. What hurt us once can make us stronger now!

FP, love Mammoth in the rain gear for Em!

Em, congrats on 30 days!!!

Bloss, hope your lunch visit went ok. Relatives can be so much harder than friends because of old history.

OLL, so happy to hear you have new camera and I hope you really enjoy learning to use it to whatever level you want to :-)

Tanja, thanks for your lovely post. An 18-year old cat is quite the oldster! I had one live that long and he died about 2 years ago. He was a real trooper! It sounds like little Libby is a brave soul and lucky to have you to protect her.

Dee, what you said is very similar to Jeni's comments and I wholeheartedly agree. The way I think of it is "I am who I am because of what I've been through, not in spite of it".

WeHav, I love having you as a sober buddy! Although I'm sorry you slipped, I'm glad you came back here to us, your merry band of Mayans :-)

Shock, I don't mind Daylight Savings Time at all - like you, it's just adapting to the change. As a matter of fact, I'd prefer DST year round!

Day 17 here.

(((hugs)))
Sassy