View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 11:47 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
NeedMySavior
New and learning

I've wondered about this too. On my last drunk.....and after a horrible fight with my husband, I said some horrible things and came out to pour another drink. He was furious and begged me not to drink, while taking our drinks of choice to the trash can. I finally asked on day 4 if he really threw it away, or hid it in the garage like when he "threw out my sons messy room trash". He really did. It was taken always. day 2. Whew!

But........we still have the "special occasion" wine ($$$) and other stuff I bought for recipes or smallish drinks. I have not been tempted yet, but I refuse to buy the stuff we drank regularly (tequila, whiskey, vodka). My dad drinks whiskey every night, but have not had him over since I quit 2/24. I need to tell him so he isnt caught off guard and can prepare appropriately.

I hope I can serve it to others sometime, but nowhere near ready to even think about that. My husband has been so supportive and quit with me. Well, except the night I went to the hotel with my daughter and her friends for her bday celebration. I found his empty beer bottle still on the counter.