View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 09:48 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  
tanja

Good Morning All,

I had a pretty horrific drinking dream last night and woke up in a sweat. In the dream I could feel the toix affects of alcohol and felt terribly ill. I also was horrified that I had thrown away almost 8 months of sobriety. I remember thinking I would have to lie to my sponsor. It's really hard to go back to sleep after having a nighmare like that. On the plus side, at least there wasn't anything pleasant about drinking in the dream.

Sas and Kitty - It sounds like you both have really small cats. My eldest t(simba) that suffers from kidney disease is only about 8 lbs if he is lucky. He has lost a lot of weight. In October he will be 18 years old. I dread the day that I have to say goodbye to him. My little libby is about 8.5 lbs. She is one courageous little kitty. She ventures out despite having been attacked. It's quite the challenge constantly being cogniznant of where she is and trying to protect her.

HRB - Wow - planting 400 daffodills! I just ordered some spider flowers seeds and ca't wait to plant them. I spent a fair amount of money last year on plants and unfortunately the garden didn't turn out at all the way that I hoped. Gardening can be so very therapeutic and rewarding.

Lee - Congratulations on 5 months of being alcohol free and one whole year hydrocodeine free I was prescribed hydrocodeine when my teeth were pulled. That with the soft diet resulted in impacted stoll which was just so incredibly painful and took well over a month to get over. It has made me wary of ever taking that drug again.

FP- I am so happy to hear that you had a good date. I think it is very wise to be aware of red flags. I didn't do that at all when I was dating and made some very poor choices. I hope that your next date goes well and you enjoy yourself. You deserve it!

Wehave - How exciting that your interview was on the news and the radio. I too am still learning new ways to de-stress. Exercise is at the top of my list. It just puts me in a better mood and gives me greater energy (which I always need). I enjoy meditation and massages too.

Jeni - I am glad that you had an excellent meeting! I too like small meetings. There aren't too many around my area. I have shared at small meetings because they are far less intimidating. How heartwarming and wonderful that you helped two newcomers.

Emily - Congratulations on 30 days7 I am happy to hear that you are in a good place today. It sounds like you have a lovely quiet day planned. I know for me that sometime I just crave quiet days and thoroughly enjoy them.

The animal trainer is coming over today to assess Peyton. After that, I am hoping to hit an evening meeting where I know a few people. I feel safer in this meeting. I may share about the peyton situation. As Kitty said "changing the lenses" or changing my thinking is essential to dealing with a potential loss.

Wishing everyone a good day!