View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 11:20 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  
Jeni26

Morning.

FP-that all sounds very promising....so pleased you had a great time. Your story about the police turning up made me grin on a cold and grey Tuesday non-smoking day 4 miserable cranky morning...

I had an excellent meeting last night. Only 6 of us and 2 of them were newcomers. So funny but I'm starting to feel like one of the experienced ones there now!! My mindset of being new to all this, and of how I look up to others, and couldn't possibly share because who on earth would want to hear anything I have to say?is changing now. I made them drinks, I chatted to them, I read from the BB (I don't know why but I've resisted doing that before too), and I shared about how I felt when I first went to a meeting ( nearly a year ago now!!) and about how my life has changed. I was nervous when I was talking, I repeated myself, I stuttered a bit, but I wanted them to know how it was for me. I talked a lot about my family relationships, especially with my kids. I think I must have gone on a bit, but I'm pleased I did, because both the new guys came up to me afterwards and thanked me. One has a daughter the same age. So maybe, I helped someone else last night and that felt good.

Anyway... Back to the pity party. It's arctic weather outside, I'm desperate for a cigarette. Desperate.....my cravings are through the roof. How can anyone give up smoking? I mean, it's way too hard!! But, I don't want to cave. I'm still breathless from when I was ill. I must do this. One day at a time....