View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 04:29 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  
FrenchPink
Sober Mammoth!

Happy Monday, my beloved Mayans! Great to see so much continued action on our thread 10 months in. And it's so awesome to be graced with lovely new May mates! Hugs to you, Shock. We all rock, sober peeps.

So, Mammoth has a story for you about the Great Date. I surprised myself about being really nervous and uncharacteristically shy. Thai food was a new experience for Date Pach, who passed with flying colors on table manners, lol! Lots of good conversation and friendly jokes. Even though we're polar opposites in our personalities, we were of like mind in enjoying the adventure. Went for a long walk after dinner on what's left our beaches, arm-in-arm, and I had accepted the thoughtful offer of an extra coat to keep me warm. At the end of our date, we stopped to talk for a little longer by our parked cars. So comfortable, I was treated so well, really nice time.

Sounds like a big thumbs up all the way through, right? Yeah... until a police car pulls up to us and summons my date over for questioning! WTF???!!! Red alert mode! I'm thinking how grateful I was to have brought my own car, berating myself for agreeing to go out with some freakin' low-life from the effin' Internet, fumbling with my thick gloves to unbutton this jail-bound idiot's coat as quickly as possible to get the heck out of here. Good lawd, I'm going to be a suspicious, cranky, loveless hermit forever. Now I gotta slink in all sulky-like to SR and 'fess up to my beloved May mates about this ultimately massive fail of a much-anticipated evening. Okay, FP. Breathe. Calm down. Ease off the drama and take a listen to see how this plays out with the police.

I'm only catching snatches of phrases through the ocean winds; Something about an illegal vehicle with no papers, tow truck on its way if everything isn't rectified on the spot, more negotiating ... I'm finally out of this strait-jacket with its padlocked buttons and reaching for my keys. Officer leaves, Date Pach returns to me, and I've got my arms crossed with eyebrows raised in questioning disapproval. Turns out the car's registration expired when forwarded mail didn't arrive while moving between houses AND with the shore devastation, the after-hours parking rules had changed, so we were both about to get ticketed. Date Pach had been busy working some magic and sweet-talked the officer into giving both of us a break so we could continue on in our pleasant evening without a hassle. Mammoth is impressed. Still keeping my senses heightened for any possible future issues, but in granting benefit of the doubt, I agreed to another date next weekend. (We kept our actions completely above-board, Sas. ) Stay tuned.

Wishing everyone a good sleep tonight. Stay strong on the sober path. Love and hugs to all.