View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 06:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
CeciliaV

Morning, SR! Waiting at the airport to go home now. I had a fantastic time. I should land and be home about noon local time, and I'm also very glad I get an afternoon off to recover from the trip before I go back to work tomorrow.

I have to admit, I got very worried for a little while last night. Shortly before my last post, I called home and it went right to voice mail. This was a huge trigger for me...in the past, it meant that husband was drinking and had left the phone off the hook somewhere. I took deep breaths. I tried his cell & no answer. I get home voice mails emailed to me, and when I checked my email, I saw that there were two voice mails from my in laws...another stress & worry trigger for me. I took more deep breaths and just left a message calmly to say hi. Sent him a text before I went to sleep but didn't expect an answer, as my previous two "hi" texts earlier in the day had gone unanswered, and I went to bed, having a sinking feeling but knowing there was nothing I could do from a different time zone. I woke up VERY early and checked my phone to see the time (4am, eep!) & saw a reply text from him that came in shortly after I fell asleep. He said all is well and that he and the dog miss me. Phew! Now I'm no fool...one coherent text reply doesn't mean he was "good" all weekend, but it gave me some peace to know he was at the very least together enough to reply.

I'm glad I didn't freak out about it last night, but I'm a little disappointed in myself for even calling and putting myself in that position. That'll learn me! On a plus note, I am also proud of myself for not constantly texting & calling & worrying. I NEVER would have made a journey like this on my own just a few short weeks ago...so while I still have a ways to go, I feel like I've come so far. Still working the journey one day at a time.

Alright, speaking of journeys, I'll be making mine soon. Thanks agains for all the support, I don't know how I'd do it without you all!