View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 04:00 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Deuce

Originally Posted by GardenMama View Post
Well, I put Toronto in the search, but clearly didn't look long enough! Sorry.

And I second everything EG just wrote to you. After my RAD overdosed and nearly died, we believed her when she said she'd only tried heroin once or twice...we nurtured her and loved her and then my sister took her into her home in another part of the country, got her a job at her firm, a new bedroom, clothes, sought out friends her age for her, then BOOM. She couldn't keep up the facade...three months later she was back in our state in rehab, and it was not easy to get her, there even then, even when she had admitted she had a problem.

My humble advice: Don't let him live at home yet; set really firm boundaries and keep telling him you love him.
I would ask if while she was being nurtured, loved and all the rest. was she getting any kind of professional, or group support on a regular basis to help her grow and evolve? If there were emotional issues were they being handled in therapy? I agree, there is no sure fire answer that fits everyone. That is why it comes down to your specific situation.