View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 03:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TryingHarder

Hi, New Here... Binge Drinker

Hi. I'm really nervous about this post. I've been reading for a couple of hours though, and I'm so impressed with the welcoming and helpful responses... I'm going for it.

I'm a 57 year old female. I have a good job where I've been for over 25 years. I have adult children and 5 grandchildren. It's a good life.

And I've been binge drinking for over 40 years. Probably twice a week on average. And probably between 8 and 12 drinks most every time.

I drink when I'm happy. I drink when I'm sad. I drink when I've had a stressful day. I drink no matter what.

You would think that this kind of drinking, and as sick as I feel the next day... dreadfully sick, and the embarrassment and being disgusted with myself over and over throughout the decades would light a fire and make me stop.

But it hasn't. I need to stop this. I think about 40 years x 104 days = more than 4,000 days I've lost to hangovers, anxiety, depression.

Anyway, I hope you will welcome me here as I search for tools to stop drinking completely and forever.