View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 10:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CeciliaV

OT(ish): going away this weekend!

Well, I'm doing it. I'm leaving RAH behind and going away on my own. I'm flying out tomorrow morning and coming back Monday. It's my nephew's 10th birthday next week, and my sister's family is coming to my parents' house this weekend for a small early party, and I'm going to be the surprise guest. I need the time away, and this will be the first time I'll be there for a birthday celebration for my nephew, and I'm SO excited!

I have not traveled alone or gone away by myself in at least 12 years, if not more. I've left my pup before, but only when both husband and I have gone away. My dog will freak the eff out with just me gone for a couple days (he's a wee bit attached!), but I know he'll survive. (And I'm sure I'll get quite the raucous greeting from him when I return!)

RAH kept saying tonight that he knows I am anxious and nervous and worried and whatnot. Um, no. HE is all those things! I'm doing my best to stay calm and not worry and to focus on me. Yes, RAH is pretty fresh out of rehab, but I have to do this for me. I can't NOT doing things because of him.

I am a little nervous about seeing my parents for the first time since I told them of RAH's issues (seems so small and petty to call alcoholism and rehab "issues"). Okay, more than a little nervous. Which would explain why I'm here posting after midnight when I should have gone to bed long ago. But I don't want to let that ruin the good times I'm bound to have and my chance to get away and reset for a couple days.

Anywho, I probably do need to head off to bed now so I'm not a total zombie tomorrow. Just wanted to share and elicit some strength & hugs to get over this hump of nerves & worry sneaking up on me.