Thread: Dangit...
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 09:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ptcapote

Hey Percussion, you are not dumb and you are not a loser. That kind of thinking leads to the next drink---or at least it did for me. Just a thought as I was reading through your post about taking a drink tonight and going to a meeting on Monday. And today being Friday...

Try not to drink all weekend prior to the AA meeting because you "might as well, quitting on Monday anyway." That's what got me a while ago when I managed to do a few days of quitting and ended up drinking again on a Friday (always seemed to give in on my Day 3 too). By Monday I felt like such crap from drinking all weekend that I had no energy to go to a meeting because I could barely drag my ass into work.

Not saying this will happen to you but if you don't have to work this weekend, maybe you can sneak in a meeting? I don't love doing it on weekends either (I also work insane hours that don't always correspond to meetings) but I am realizing that if it is the difference between a bender/feeling like even worse sh*t on Monday and giving up some of my precious time on weekends---that time isn't so precious anymore, ya know?

Anyway, good luck to you and hope to see you here over the weekend!