View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 05:47 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Dontreallycare

Dandylion,

Yes, I have set boundries. Last week was the result of one. He had never laid a hand on me prior to this. I always told him if he did, I would call the cops so fast it would make his head spin. Well, he did, so I did. Even though he didn't "hit" me (pushed me onto the bed, grabbed my arms to stop me from leaving and grabbed my shirt (hence the marks seen by the cop)), I don't think he ever really thought I would follow through. I think now he realizes I'm not just saying stuff. And at this point, I'm looking to get a house (in my name only), so if he acts up at all between now and then, I'll be moving on my own. Plus, with it only in my name, if it happens again, the police can make him leave. Believe me, I'm not going to put up with this and I think he realizes it. If he drinks, I won't be there. Simple as that. It's his choice now. I've made mine.

Thank you for bringing up the points about qualifying statments. I'm going to need to do some thinking on how best to word talking to him about that the next time he uses one.