View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 08:52 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
skella99

That is great advice. I dont have to accept that behavior. We always seem to get so tied up in the "drinking" that we forget that the behavior that goes along with it is not acceptable, whether there is drinking involved or not. Abuse is abuse. and I really feel beat up and abused. And though I have tried to shield and protect my younger children from it, they have already seen too much and it is not fair to them.

I have talked to the police about her and I can get an order of protection if she threatens me or harms me. In order to have her officially removed from the house, I must evict her. But she doesnt really know her rights, so I think I am okay (for now).

It also upsets me a bit that my sister was texting me "relaying" information AD told her. When I told my sister the full truth (this all via text) she was unresponsive to me.

I know I just have to let that go and think, if she wants to believe her go ahead. If she wants to feel sorry for her, fine. and if she wants to enable her, that is fine too. Her support would help me, but her relationship with my AD is hers. If she thinks I am not doing the "right" things for her, that is okay too. She can judge me. I have suffered enough. more than she can possibly know.

It just hurts that the people I would hope to be able to lean on the most for support would treat me as if I am doing the wrong things. Or butting in when they see fit (when AD has a crisis) and then stepping out when I need support. I am feeling bitter. I dont like that. but I think its a natural reaction.

Am I alone or have other family members treated people dealing with an alcoholic family member this way?