View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 06:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Percussion

Made it, not without a close call. Dinner was fine, he and I are both Christians and I simply told him after he ordered a drink I was stopping for a while, and that was good enough. It was the ride home that was really really tough. Gas station after gas station being passed, and then went into one. Straight to the bathroom and left. Then pulled out of the gas station parking lot and into a grocery store parking lot and walked right into the alcohol isle. Chardonay in hand I literally imagined all you standing around me, God and my fiance looking down at me and set it down on the ground and ran out. They probably thought I stole something lol. Pulled out of the parking lot and actually yelled, "i just want it." Drove home, loud music, focused on the taillights of the car in front of me and no alcohol. I kind of had to do the dinner thing, it was for the wedding, but damn it was yet another tough experience. This is probably the hardest thing I've ever done. Can't make this stuff u, gonna repost as a new thread because it is a crazy good victory story in my opinion.