View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 03:52 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  
PreciousKitty

Originally Posted by SistahSober View Post
Classmates...I am 10 days sober and today my anxiety kicked in like it was day 1 of sobriety. I can't seem to keep myself calm. I just keep thinking it is too late and I am going to live like this forever because I drank and tapped into these anxious thoughts and there is no way out. I don't want to drink I just want to feel normal and have normal thoughts without circling back to my life is ending. I'm scared that I've gone crazy. I wish I could find some real inner peace. I want to scream, cry, and run but that's not logical. I hope this gets better. I feel like life is a dream or more like a nightmare at this point! I've tried breathing techniques but when my mind is that clear anxious thoughts seem to pop up a lot easier.
Oh Sistah. I too often wonder what the heck is going on. Everything can be going along just great and all of a sudden a mood change out of nowhere! Anxiety, depression, sudden strong desire to drink etc.... Like something snapped in my brain.

I have learned so many times that it will pass and be replaced with another mood/feeling.

I hate the times that I gave in and did not wait for it to pass.

Stay strong Sistah - If you give in, you will then wake up with a hangover guilt, regret, embarresment, and probably worse of all, the extreme anxiety you felt 10 days ago. You will want to quit all over again and have to go through that all over again. No more anxiousalchy!

Your body is adjusting. It will get better. Until then we are here for u