View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 03:27 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Nonsensical
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
OK you win

My point...which I still think is very important, is that although some of this may seem "anal" to some, I do think that learning to effective recognize and separate is vital. Ignorance of that was my undoing.
Even though this is generally a family-oriented site, the purpose of this thread was to be anal - to dig into some details (of questionable merit - but to each their own. I like the mental exercise.)

GT's opinion seems to be any thought about alcohol that is not negative comes from the beast. I threw some examples out to be both silly and thought-provoking.

What if I was at a party and some one brought the birthday girl an alcoholic drink that was colorful and decorated with streamers and sparklers. If the thought pops into my mind, "my, that looks festive," is that me or my beast? It wasn't negative, but it wasn't about me thinking about drinking, either.

So far, I think that thought (it looks festive) could be coming from me, not IT. Others may disagree, based on their perspective. As was pointed out, a drink could never rationally look tasty to RAA (puking was mentioned, if I recall), so that thought (for RAA) would definitely have to be beast think.