View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 12:20 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by Robby Robot
Nothing personal, soberlicious... but I remember somewhere recently you saying you don't presently have an AVRT BP, yes?

Did you have one during those 10 years?
Thanks for qualifying, but why would I take anything personally?

I quit both times the same way, by saying "I'm done. I'm never drinking again" which come to find out later is very common and is what AVRT is actually based on. What I was getting at in my earlier post is...had I known then what I know now, had I known of the concept of those thoughts being "not me", had I known how to effectively identify and separate from them, I would never have started drinking again. It is what it is, it happened, but I did die by the medical definition, so it's a little bit of a big deal. When I quit the 2nd time six years ago, I still did not know about AVRT. Finding it years after I quit has enabled me to refine what my natural approach was. I'm glad for that because I will never again be confused about AV.

So, I made a Big Plan before I knew what a Big Plan was, just like gajillions of others have done since like, um, forever.
So I will state this again, because I think it's important: The reason I drank again after 10 years of abstinence...10 years...is solely because I did not have complete separation and identification of AV.

Hope that clarification helps. xo