View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 04:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
HopefulmomtoD

Skella,

I can so relate to your posts. We've gone through this with my 22 DS. Our past year has included: kicking him out, several detoxes, relapses, expensive (self pay) 30 day program + 6 months of soberliving, back home, another relapse, another rehab, and now we are on ~60 days of recovery. This time he is working it hard, going to meetings daily, working with a sponsor etc. But, I now know he is one day away from drinking again.

Anyway, I can so relate to wanting them out of the house. And, just wanting peace again. Then you suffer because they are out of the house and homeless. Its terribly painful for the family. My DS still hasn't a clue the pain he has caused us.

I hope your daughter eventually hits her bottom and wants recovery. There are programs out there that don't cost money (Salvation Army) and people get sober without programs and just working AA/NA (or some other program). Don't lose hope- she can get sober- you just can't control it.

In the meantime try to work on yourself. Keep reading here and posting here. Lots of people have been where you are.