Old 03-05-2013, 08:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
vegibean

Originally Posted by labeledbass View Post
Hello there, I've browsed the forum some and assume this is where I would introduce myself. I'm a bit over 30 and am an recoving alcholic and addict. I hit "my" rock bottom in 2005, climbed back up to fall several times again but still on a steady upward climb. I've realized even though some may be able to "solve" their problems and go about their life I myself will have to deal with these problems the rest of my life. I've currently started going back to after work meetings, changed my phone number (a must...) and anounced to family and friends that I'm, along with other life matters, focusing more on my sobriety. I do see an addictionaligist on a monthly bassis due to my heavy addiction to opiates/opioides in the past, drug test, sceduled meetings ect. but the after work meetings and networking like this site is by my own free will. I am newly married, with a young child too, which both are a blessings but I fear as always something will go wrong since I dwell on the past too much sometimes but with help, today I am sober and I truely want to stay that way.

Thank you to those who have read this, I've never registered with such a site before and look to good things in the future.

~ E

PS - sorry for the spelling mistakes, I've downloaded the appropriate program above but installing right now.
Hey labeledbass,

Welcome to SR, you found a great place here.

In your ending you mentioned your new family... First, CONGRATULATIONS!! And secondly, (this was a motivation for me), if you truly care about them, make them the focus of your recovery, at least for now. You can do this, but at the same time, you are worth it too.

We all have choices, that's the great thing. We can choose to pick up, or we can choose to not.

Whatever your goals, I wish you the best, and again, welcome to this site, it's awesome.