Thread: detox and then
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 01:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
thislonelygirl
box of chocolates

Originally Posted by dancingnow View Post
That is great that you feel good about "staying out of it". It is a very tough journey for you and your AH. One week is a tiny step.

My prayers for you both as you continue along a path to sobriety and recovery.

I gently suggest you both consider reaching out to others, through alanon for you and AA for your AH. Maybe you can start with alanon and when the time is right you can give him a pamphlet or mention AA to him.

From my experience with my RAH it was more than 2 years he went from not drinking for about a week to abstaining from alcohol for almost a year and even more time for him to make steps toward true recovery.

(((HUGS)))

PS - it is true they need to do it on their own and I can totally relate when you say what you felt when you realized he was doing it without your help. In the end, that truly is a blessing.

Thanks. Yea I went to an alanon meeting about a wk ago give orvtake. Him to aa but then with the not drinking and detox on his days off he slept alot then when he finally did get up to go out. It was like taking baby steps then it was back to work and he felt great but with this "itch".
I feel silly saying ra or posting because the times so short in the bigger picture but wanted to update plus cross fingers. I know its common for slips but hopefully aa will help him keep on the path. Today is a new day amd so far no alcohol