View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 08:23 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Mrbeagle

Originally Posted by 1stepup View Post
Day 11 today! Its nearly 4pm here and its been a beautiful, warm sunny day. Ive been doing a bit of gardening- making the most of it- this is UK it wont last! Had my first drinking dream since i quit last night, in the dream i was drinking while everyone was eating it seemed so real- the desperation of wanting more and more. Glad it was just a dream!

Looking forward to the Man Utd v Real Madrid match tonight, (even though im a Leeds fan!) its on terrestrial tv so no need for me to go to the pub to watch it.

My old workmates meet up every wednesday, in the daytime, its just for a coffee and a catch up but one of them goes to the pub first then afterwards, last time i went 2 weeks ago i went with him to the pubs and couldnt stop. I have met them before now and not drank. I want to go but i do see it as a real test if i do. They all know of my struggles with drinking so its no big deal for me to tell them ive quit, (although theyve heard that from me in the past). Feel like ive got to test myself at some point- just a bit nervous.

Anyway hope youre feeling better Tiger and Mrbeagle, been thinking of you both today, wish you both all the best for today, all things must pass- even the bad days.
Congrats on day 11! I too am very excited for the football tonight. I have a feeling United will win, RVP at least one goal. Thanks for thinking about me and tiger, i'm still here getting through the day and i'm sure tiger is too

Sweeny and FF thanks so much for your kind words. SR is definitely my safe place i've realised. When i'm on here all desire to drink tends to dissipate, so it seems logical that I spend as much time on this wonderful site as possible.

Peace