View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 04:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Weasel1966
A simple guy making his way

How do you play in the dirt?

When I was a young boy ... G.I.Joes, the dirt, a few rocks and I had an adventure.

When I was drinking and drugging ... A bar, a crack pipe, a few rocks and I had an adventure.

For me....

Addiction is the process of losing my inner ability to satisfy myself. The turning inside out who I am.

Recovery is my plan to rediscover that adventure. Feeling again from the inside out.

I read at least several times a week about those struggling with the monotony, the boredom, the where the hell is the fun.... In living clean.

When I change gears in my car I have a momentary pause before I can speed up.

This last weekend I sat my arse on the couch all weekend practically. No energy. No desires. Without my routine of the work week I struggled to find the adventure within. Maybe I was pouting. Not sure. That's the past for now.

The comments I have seen here are reminding and inspiring me to remember what it was like to play on the dirt again.

I am every day this week going try to do something to break that monotony.

Take a different way home from work.

Go to the mall at 8 pm for the heck of it. I am never out of the house at 8 pm! That's not right.

Throw caution to the wind! Granted that's not exactly living on the edge. But for where I had been? Passed out at 8? It's like playing in the dirt!

Are you bored with being sober? What can you do to throw caution to the wind this week? How will you play in the dirt?

K